Tuesday 27 August 2013

Bank Holiday: Beef Sweats & Contagious Hangovers

I started the Bank Holiday by treating myself to a jaw breaking burger... literally.  Almost Famous is a new burger bar has opened in the city centre. Basically they put all sorts of madness on a bun. For example the Kids In America burger is "Triple candied bacon cheeseburger, Cheddar jalapeno pretzel crunch, chipotle ketchup, famous sauce, pickles and diced onion." It was this exact burger that just weeks before, a girl had dislocated her jaw on.

 Proof.......( http://uk.eonline.com/news/450683/woman-dislocates-her-jaw-biting-into-a-giant-america-burger-still-claims-burger-was-amazing )

This however did not put my boyfriend off ordering this exact burger. In fact we saw it as a challenge, to finish one of these burgers with all our facial bones in tact. I ordered a burger which had just about everything bacon flavoured in existence on it, including frazzles and baconnaise. And if we didn't think this was meaty enough, we ordered a side of BBQ pork fries for good measure. The Burgers where served on Frisbees which made them even more exciting. Below is a photo of the Kids In America Burger and BBQ Pork fries...

 
 
 We ate it all barr a few fries and a bit of bun and started to get the dirty meat sweats. I felt like I had eaten an entire cow and I needed to find the nearest cushioned surface to sweat it out on for the evening.

Two lie ins and two sausage muffins later it was Sunday. The only thing worse than being woken up by drunk people at 2am, is being woken up by happy hungover people at 9am. Do me a favour, go back to bed and hate yourself for the amount you drank like any normal human. TA.

As expected, after midday there was no laughter. The hangovers had set in on my sister, our friend and my boyfriend. I hadn't been out the night before so I felt like a spring chicken compared to these 3 battery hens. I was all ready to go down to the park with a picnic and a few pints of cider, this was out of the question for a few hours at least. My sister and her friend took to separate rooms to commence their naps. I lay with Adam for a bit as he couldn't settle properly. I was wide awake and didn't really fancy a nap, so without disturbing Adam the only device in my reach was the iPad. Turning on the Catch up TV and without even thinking about it I tuned in to Home Alone. It was only after the first advert break I realised, there's a Christmas film on ... IN AUGUST!! I have one friend who would be sorely disappointed in me watching Christmas films before December. I'm sorry Shanta I watched the whole film, please forgive me. I know its a bit unnatural to get excited about Christmas this early but blame Film4!

Anyway, halfway through the film I found myself in the foetal position cuddling a bag of peanut M&Ms. What's this all about? I wasn't even hungover, yet I was starting to feel feeling queasy wondering if I should join in on the nap-fest taking place in my house. Pulling myself together, I managed to survive the rest of the film and decided to wake up the masses and drag them the park for the music festival and more cider.

The Bank Holiday Blues are in full swing and I am counting down the hours to Friday.
To make this evening a bit happier I decided to treat myself to a little manicure and try out my new nail varnish: Rimmel 60 seconds in the colour Caramel.

Note to all the pale girls out there like myself, maybe stick to the pink nude shades... it looks like I have ten mini poos at the end of my fingers now. But I'm too tired to start all over again... poo nails it is.



<3

No comments:

Post a Comment