Wednesday 4 September 2013

Bra-less Greetings

Why is it always when I'm slothing and wearing no bra around the house, the door goes? First visitor in for a treat was the Salvation Army lady coming to collect a donation envelope. I had no idea where it was and the last thing anyone wants to see is boobs frantically flapping all over the hall way, searching through the leaning tower of letters. I apologised and told her I couldn't find it. She said not to bother and would come back another time. Felt a bit sly on her going away empty handed but I was on the phone to my nan at the same time too. I know women can multi-task, but explaining to my nan I was putting her on hold, searching for this envelope and trying to keep myself dignified all at the same time just wasn't happening. 

Next in line for the boob show was the neighbour delivering a parcel for my mum. I didnt have time to grab a hoodie and a floral cape was the only thing to hand. I decided to not go with the cape in fear I would look like a hippy wizard. As if opening the door bra-less in a polka dot onsie isn't shame enough, my freshly washed hair and fringe had started to dry in a centre parting... FIT. I looked like Nick Carter circa 1998. 
Trying to cover myself with the parcel as best I could I ended the friendly chit chat and bailed back inside. 

Moral of the story is wear a bra around the house in case of suprise visitors. Or just don't answer the door.


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment