Monday 12 August 2013

You-Tube Anonymous : Keyboard Cats, Flash Mobs and Flying Sloths

Tonight's television choice is a programme about long lost families or Big Brother- So what better time to write blog post number 2! It is terrible television like this which drives me to You-Tube on most nights. The thing with You-Tube is that you cant just go on to watch one video. That crafty little suggestions column leads you on to a whole world of possibilities.

I have fallen in to the suggestion column trap many a time. Me not being able to sleep one night and thinking "I'll go have a look at a smoky eye tutorial", turns in to me wondering how to apply foundation properly and questioning "Is my mascara really the one for me?" Next thing you know I'm on the boots website with an almost triple figure shopping cart, filled with all the wonderful products I have see in these make-up tutorials. Then, the realisation that I have no money hits me and I x off the window sulking because I have to use my same old crappy make up in the morning.

Make up tutorials are something I have only recently discovered. Animal videos on the other hand have been a great love of mine for a while: Surprised Kitty, Keyboard Cat, Sneezing Panda, what's not to love! Upon discovering a video, I take it as my personal duty to broadcast it to as many people as possible. If I know your having a bad day there's nothing I love more then showing one of my many hilarious finds. You'd actually be surprised by how many people don't find Stuart the salsa dancing dog funny- quite frankly they should all be disgusted in themselves because I think its pretty darn hilarious.

Places like the office are good for hearing about new videos. Although, almost all of the ones the male members of staff suggest sounds like things I never ever want my eyes to be exposed too: Two Girls One Cup, Top 10 Gruesome Sports Injuries and Pranks Gone Wrong. No thanks ill stick to dramatic hamster!

One afternoon myself and 2 co-workers where talking about viral wedding proposal videos we had seen. It didn't take long before we where all huddled round an iPhone, borderline grabbing for the kleenex while watching the groom to be and all his family and friends mime the words of Bruno Mars- Marry You to his fiancĂ©. After a flash mob proposal or two later, we all decided to pull ourselves together, return to our desks to pretend to work, while secretly thinking of all the different ways we would like to be proposed to.

Although highly addictive, You-Tube is full of rubbish really. A black hole where you find yourself so deeply lost in the suggestion column, that you start to come across videos of people singing terrible cover versions of Adele and revealing their undying love for Justin Bieber. It is then that you realise that you've hit rock bottom of the viral video world, and its probably time to log off. But before you go, treat your eyeballs to this, you wont regret it...

<3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba7rRfKIHxU

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment